Disability Support


If your child is currently enrolled in Medicaid
All children and youth with Medicaid can access mental health services through Optum Idaho , Medicaid’s managed care provider. Call 855-202-0973 or visit  Optum Idaho to find a mental health provider. If you are interested in respite care, you can call Liberty Healthcare at 877-305-3469 to schedule an assessment.

If your child is not currently enrolled in Medicaid
Children and youth with serious emotional disturbance (SED) may be eligible for Medicaid if they meet the income requirements. Schedule a functional assessment with Liberty Healthcare at 877-305-3469 for an SED determination. After the SED determination, apply for Medicaid.

If your child is not eligible for Medicaid
If your child is not eligible for Medicaid, you can still apply for children’s mental health services by contacting your local Regional Behavioral Health Office. You must meet certain criteria in order to qualify for expedited services.

Regional Behavioral Health Offices

School or District Phone Number
Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, Shoshone Counties (208) 769-1406
Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis, Nez Perce Counties (208) 799-4440
Adams, Canyon, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Washington Counties (208) 459-0092
Ada, Boise, Elmore, Valley Counties (208) 334-0800
Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka, Twin Falls Counties (208) 732-1630
Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Oneida, Power Counties (208) 234-7900
Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, Teton Counties (208) 528-5700

Think College Idaho

Think College Idaho logo

Think College Idaho’s mission is to create high-quality, inclusive post-secondary education opportunities for individuals with developmental disabilities across the state of Idaho. This website provides resources for parents with children with disabilities that are considering a college education for their child.